Scottsville, Kentucky
1.1K views

I have 22 yrs.experience in my Cosmotologist field and I was invited to work for Smartstyle when the District manager was hiring for my position behind my back until a girl quit because she was my friend and said she would not go behind my back to stab me- Sharon Garnett is the District manager in Cornelia Ga.

store and I am wondering if she has done something of this to you- Unethical, unprofessional in her field. I declined to return to their store under the terms that she was still the manager in the district.

If you work for Regis Corp.I would love to talk to you.

Had an Experience with Regis Salons?

Comments

ALSO EVERY TIME I WALK PASS A REGIS SALON I CANT BELIEVE THERE STILL IN BUSINESS FOR ALL THEM ARE DEAD MEANING THERE'S NO CLIENTS...THEY DON'T KNOW EXCELLENT HAIRCUTTERS...

Ive always liked REGIS ESPECIALLY WATCHING THERE VIDEOS

Heather WAS MINE IN KENT COUNTY DELAWARE.

I WAS ALWAYS PART REGIS FROM FLORIDA TILL SMART STYLE IN WALMART..

LET ME TELL THERE'S TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY...

THE MANAGER THAT HIRED ME TOLD TO COME IN ON SUNDAY I WENT IN TURNS OUT SHE NEVER GAVE ME KEY NOR TOLD ME HOW MUCH GOS IN DRAW ETC. THERES ALOT MORE TO SAY...NOW THEY DONT EVEN WANT TO HIRER ME BACK....THAT SUCKS

#1382063

I informed my DSL of my intentions of filing for Workers Comp.She fired me and ordered me out of the salon Saying Don't come back, you are banned from entering the salon, leave your key

Then she was suddenly she was transferred to another area of the state.

I could not get an answer from my RSL.

Regis has operated in a criminal manner.

Calera, Alabama, United States #1277072

I started as a manager with no training or help but was blamed for everything that was already wrong. I had zero support and training. I was really looking forward to career advancement District leader but my career was cut short because they didn't feel I had what was needed to be a manager well I didn't know what the goals where with no consistent staff??

Went to one on Mechanicsville Hwy., Richmond, VA girls were prejudiced arguing over who was going to cut a white boys hair clipped twice and asked if that was good enough very bad service stayaway

Well though I am a Republican and against unionization for the simple fact that they are run by thugs who usually get rich themselves while the people they are supposed to be fighting for are just marginally better than they were before, I believe that if there were any corporation that screams for a union it is Regis.I worked for them for several years and in the beginning it was a super company to work for but it got progressively worse, now it feels like working for a third world country.

I never had a problem with working hard...but I do like a little appreciation, especially considering all the duties that are the stylists responsibilities.

So glad to be away from there and *** will freeze over before I go back!:grin

to txhairdresser #989009

Where do you work now?

to Anonymous #1356344

Regis only sees numbers. After Mr Finkelstein retired Regis board of directors took over.They gutted a great corporation.I worked for them fro. 2007 2013

I made I credible friends in this industry.then the recession hit.They changed there payroll to a lower commission rate but raised qualifying to obtain that rate.they only won't young stylist fresh out of school.Now there closing salons all over the place.No-one will work for them.I opened my own Studio one.iaM able to offer better services and practice without the constant micro management

Regis is a known corporate wage-slave company.You get promotions by being ruthless and not having compassion, and that is pretty much how all corps work today.

Regis is also the WalMart of hair salons. They put small business salons out of business when they move into a town, much like WalMart puts small mom and pops out of business. They "compel" salon owners to sell out to them. Regis relies on desperate people to work for them.

And this society is full of desperation today. Regis does not pay a living wage to the salon worker, (and tips arent enough to make up the difference) and it is driving its management into the ground, ever more now due to its recent reorganization, in a bid to funnel ever more profits upwards at the expense of the 99%. Regis expects unwavering loyalty from its management staff while it cuts their benefits. Regis expects the management staff to unquestioningly carry out arbitrary firing of salon staff, to fight as policy any unemployment benefit claim, and expects management to work enough hours that essentially turns their wage into the equivalent hourly salary of minimum wage, or about 12 hours, 6 days a week.

This is the unspoken expectation now placed on salaried employees of Regis.

This is why corporate America and their hired politicians (Republicans) are so virulently against Unions.Because unions fight for fair wages, and reasonable working conditions and hours.

Unionize or live lives of silent...