First of all, I will not be going to this salon ever again. I have no idea where to start with all of my complaints about this company.
I have extremely thick hair. I should have walked away when the stylist seemed apprehensive about doing my hair. I'm just thankful it was just a coloring, and not a really short hair cut--like I was previously thinking about. I figured she would have known what she was doing--she had cut my hair previously, and it turned out okay. Although that was just pretty simple--getting an inch or two cut off.
I had requested bright red hair with blond bangs and also had to get my previously black hair dye removed. It took 4 hours to do this. I realize it takes a bit more time to get the black dye removed... but this was just ridiculous. Two hours into it, I decided to scrap the blond bangs idea. Ok, not a big deal, I just wanted to hurry up and get out.
The lady was very rough with my scalp. After the dye was washed out, and even now... as I sit here and type this, I keep pulling mounds of hair out. I was sitting in the salon after the dye was out, literally pulling it off my head because she was so rough.
Both times that I have went there and had my hair done by this same lady, she has had either her son or daughter in there. (Both of high school age.) I thought this was a professional work place? Both her son and daughter made remarks on my clothing, makeup, and just kept staring at me and talking while she worked on my hair. It was very aggravating. I went in there to get my hair fixed, not gossip and have a family reunion.
I have photos of my hair, if any one wants to see the awfulness that has came out of this. I assumed I would walk out with bright red hair, but I came out with a maroon-ish colored hair with black spots and various shades of red. It looks awful and has brought my self esteem down significantly. I can't afford to get it fixed again. She entirely skipped the bleaching process--which is what I assumed she would do to get that shade of red... since my hair is pretty dark as is.
Not to sounds racist--because I'm far far from racist... but she was a african american woman that was doing my hair. She was very pretty, none the less, but as soon as the other african american women walked in... they suddenly got priority over me. It was only supposed to take 30 mins for the color to set, and I waited an hour and 27 mins (my husband and his friend that was visiting literally counted because they were waiting outside) while she started and finished a hair relaxing on another woman. It also does not take 45 mins to blow dry ones hair. Do hair stylists get paid by the hour or something? Because I'm honestly shocked at the poor service here.
I know I have thick hair, but I didn't expect it to take 45 minutes for blow drying... and I didn't even get any proper styling.
The other woman that was working was finishing up and popping out customers ten times faster than this one was. (I'm not sure of her name, sorry.) I apologize if I offended anyone with my description, I just used it for description purposes only... not to be racist--I realize that is a super touchy subject that I do not wish to dwindle in.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Beauty Centers and Spas
You May Also Like
- " Anonymous to Anonymous 4 minutes ago #985175 In response to the Manager's response. She was very rude..I showed her many pictures of the service provided. The manager was..."
- "Lady cut my hair all the way off. I sat down and she started buzzing and I asked " please keep some hair on there" & she said "it's too..."
- "I went to Advanced Hair Studio in Parramatta (Sydney) in August 2015 for my initial consultation. I met Daniel who described the procedures they had and recommended that I try..."
- "This is just one example of Forest River Salem Cruise Lite issues.. Now, its important to understand the Forest River offers the idea of camping to folks that would not..."
- "I've been using L'oreal since I'm 16 years old. I never had any problem with it. Last Friday Aug. 29, 2015 I decided to buy one at Walmart in preparation..."
- "This took almost a month to resolve. The costumer service IS AWFUL! I bought several items when arrived I was missing 2 items. Initially I tried to call however they..."
- "I purchased a Levian snake ring. It has white and chocolate diamonds. I have sent it back to Levian 5x for repair due to diamonds randomly falling out of the..."
- "I ordered two autism necklaces for me and my husband a month ago. I received an email stating that my order is being made and will be shipped. There is..."
- "I've been a loyal Jawbone customer for...ever, it seems. My UP3 tracker started cracking and is now broken. They're phone support is down. Its been at least 3+days. I could..."