First of all, I will not be going to this salon ever again. I have no idea where to start with all of my complaints about this company.
I have extremely thick hair. I should have walked away when the stylist seemed apprehensive about doing my hair. I'm just thankful it was just a coloring, and not a really short hair cut--like I was previously thinking about. I figured she would have known what she was doing--she had cut my hair previously, and it turned out okay. Although that was just pretty simple--getting an inch or two cut off.
I had requested bright red hair with blond bangs and also had to get my previously black hair dye removed. It took 4 hours to do this. I realize it takes a bit more time to get the black dye removed... but this was just ridiculous. Two hours into it, I decided to scrap the blond bangs idea. Ok, not a big deal, I just wanted to hurry up and get out.
The lady was very rough with my scalp. After the dye was washed out, and even now... as I sit here and type this, I keep pulling mounds of hair out. I was sitting in the salon after the dye was out, literally pulling it off my head because she was so rough.
Both times that I have went there and had my hair done by this same lady, she has had either her son or daughter in there. (Both of high school age.) I thought this was a professional work place? Both her son and daughter made remarks on my clothing, makeup, and just kept staring at me and talking while she worked on my hair. It was very aggravating. I went in there to get my hair fixed, not gossip and have a family reunion.
I have photos of my hair, if any one wants to see the awfulness that has came out of this. I assumed I would walk out with bright red hair, but I came out with a maroon-ish colored hair with black spots and various shades of red. It looks awful and has brought my self esteem down significantly. I can't afford to get it fixed again. She entirely skipped the bleaching process--which is what I assumed she would do to get that shade of red... since my hair is pretty dark as is.
Not to sounds racist--because I'm far far from racist... but she was a african american woman that was doing my hair. She was very pretty, none the less, but as soon as the other african american women walked in... they suddenly got priority over me. It was only supposed to take 30 mins for the color to set, and I waited an hour and 27 mins (my husband and his friend that was visiting literally counted because they were waiting outside) while she started and finished a hair relaxing on another woman. It also does not take 45 mins to blow dry ones hair. Do hair stylists get paid by the hour or something? Because I'm honestly shocked at the poor service here.
I know I have thick hair, but I didn't expect it to take 45 minutes for blow drying... and I didn't even get any proper styling.
The other woman that was working was finishing up and popping out customers ten times faster than this one was. (I'm not sure of her name, sorry.) I apologize if I offended anyone with my description, I just used it for description purposes only... not to be racist--I realize that is a super touchy subject that I do not wish to dwindle in.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Beauty Centers and Spas
You May Also Like
- "I posted pictures I took detailing what I've gone through, but in short I called a location, was told to come in, and when I did I was passed off..."
- " I bought two spa packages for myself and my sister at A Renewed Spirit Massage in St. Petersburg, FL. I have not seen my sister for many years and..."
- "Update: Here is a picture of my horrible cut from SmartStyle in Tilton, NH. STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE AT REGIS...."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida.I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section of..."
- "I ordered the "Meet your dream" Bouquet/Teddy bear/Chocolates combo from Phoolwala.com. They charged me an extra Rs.400 for delivery charges to that small town. I ordered this bouquet for a..."
- "Nabi aut of age! Go buy $150 samsung tablet .Set up for yur child...That is it.. Way!!! Im saying that look here ,I did buy junior ,dreamtab ,fuhu nabi2 ...."
- " When I returned the car enterprise is now charging me for the undeclared damage that I didn't do.The damage had been touched with white paint that was way older..."
- "just to increase there profit margin they are defrauding there customers with boges late fees . they called us on sunday to tell us that are CHECK BOUNCED even..."
- "Fire hazard! This place is filthy, it has exposed wires, water leaking from the ceiling, everything in the room is broken, and there are bugs and cigarette burns in the..."