I went last night 1/04/08 to get my hair highlighted at the tips. My appt was at 7pm but Mayra my stylist at Stonewood Mall Norwalk Ca completely butchered my hair. She didn't even start on me until 8pm. I usually don't go to this salons but thought last time my hair came out nice I thought Id give it a try again. I was dead wrong. I told the stylist exactly what I wanted. The whole time I felt completely rushed. Once she washed my hair I thought she was going to dry it and style it.

It was about 915 and the mall was closing. She just dried a small piece to see what it would look like. I liked the color of the highlights but they just were not done right. By that time her and her gf yes gf was talking about going to a party. The stylist had mentioned to me that if they didnt close by 9 they would get fined. It was pouring rain and my HAIR was dripping. She didn't dry or style it and i paid 75 dollars with tip!!!

I was so upset to tell her anything because I was practically rushed out of there. Went home and cried!! I dried my hair and it is not what I wanted! I want my money back...never again!! Worst Ever!

Review about: Regis Salons Hair Coloring.

Comments

I worked at a Smartstyle salon for about 2 years, then transferred as a salon manager to a different Smartstyle. At first, everything was great. Then my supervisor wanted me to drive in a blizzard to a manager's meeting or I'd be terminated. Then forced me to fire some really great stylists. I got fed up and quit. One of the stylists that I left there called me up and said they needed help, so I went back to work there as a stylist. Its been 2 weeks and already the supervisor has fired one of the girls there and is firing the other one tomorrow. I'll be left there by myself if I dont quit. Regis is a horrible company to work for. They bust you for not making enough money, and they want you to advertise on your own time without pay. Also, they ride you on pricing. How the *** are you supposed to make 18.34 an hour if you keep making us pass out coupons for haircuts that are 9.99? And they just recently lowered the commision rate to 38% vs 40%. Small difference, but if you do the math, you are better off making the hourly pay than commision if you're in a small town like me.

As for the fried perm, you need to have some treatments done to fix your hair. Joico KPAC line is a great one for restoration of the hair. But yes, the stylist should have checked your hair at least every 10 minutes.

And to the girl who said that going to a salon after 6pm will result in you being rushed, thats wrong. Smartstyle closes at 9. If you come in at 6 thats 3 hours... It doesnt take that long to do any chemical service, even a dimentional with like 4 colors should only take you 2. But regardless, its money, so you should stay after if needed. Granted, if someone came in after 7:30 then I'd send them away with a coupon and the time the salon opened the next day.

As for the bad haircuts, it happens, some stylists ave bad days, others get sick. You realise that we dont get sick days that often??? butregardless, if you arent happy, Regis has a customer service number 1-800-737-3535 and if you call the salon, they can have someone else fix it for free...

As for one about her stylist not liking her, you should have stopped her and had someone else finish your haircut. Drama should be left at the door, so she should have remained professional...

But overall, it sucks to work there, but its money, so oh well...

I start 40 days our there one day i went to smart style manager told me you can leave,she fire me with out reason.she discriminated me all the time. NEVER WORK SMART STYLE.

Get a life you REGIS haters! The hateful rantings on this blog re REGIS are laughable to say the least.

My stylist, Sandy in Downey CA, is the best stylist in the world!!!

Sandy has been doing my hair for over 20 years and I have never ever experienced any problems with her, or with any of the other stylists. Pricey absolutely, but they are worth it…

you people should be ashamed of yourself. you are the worst paying corp.

in the United States. You are so greedy that you rip off you stylist. Who came up with that ridiculous pay scale.

The reason you get so many complaints is because a good stylist will never work for such little pay. Your greed will soon destroy you.....

Regis corporation is one of the worst companies to work for. I worked as a manager for three years, slaving with little pay.

Managers are expected to work harder than the stylist while she is there and do all this up keep of the salon. They expect you to work all day and night and get off and look for stylist on your own time without pay. They also expect you to count all their inventory in one day while you do clients hair. you have to make them 100% commission because they want you to pay them and you too, that way they don't spend any money paying you.

You actually pay yourself. Poor stylist have to make 110% only to get minimum wage. Do the math.

This salon is the ripoff to its employees and I would garuantee this company want be around another 5 years. you will reap what you have sown.

I WALKED IN THERE 3 TIMES BEFORE AND HAD MY HAIR DIED CUT AND EVERYTHIGN RIGHT, THEN I DIDNT KNO THIS CHICKS SISTER WAS MY BFS EX. AND SHE WAS TALKIN AND REALIZED I WAS GOIGN OUT WITH HIM AND *** STARTED TO ASK QUESTIONS I ASKED HER IF SHE KNE HIS EX DENISE AND SHE SAID OH YEAH I MET HER ONCE.

WHAT A LIER! I TRUSTED HER AND SHE HAD ALREADY FINISHED MY HAIR AND I WAS WAITING FOR MY SISTER AN SHE WAS ALL I THINK I SHOULD CUT MY BANGS SHORTER AND SHE JUST TOOK THEM AND CUT IT WITH OUT MY CONCENT. I WAS SHOCKED. I FELT LIEK FUCKIGN PUNCHING HER IN THE FACE!

UGHHH AND MY DAD DIDNT KNO AND GAVE HER A BIG TIP. *** *** IMA GO BACK TODAY AND HAVE ANOTHER GIRL CUT IT. JUST SO IT SHOWS I DOTN FUCKIGN GIVE A *** ABOUT HER. *** SHE WORKS IN THE ISSAQUAH MEADOWS REGIS.

SHES A BIGGER GIRL HER NAME IS TERESA-MIGHT OF SPELT IT WRONG-DOTN GO TO HER CUZ IF SHE DOSENT LIEK U SHE WILL TAKE IT OUT ON UR HAIR!

TRUST ME! :(

North Freedom, Wisconsin, United States #11738

Today i became the latest victim of Regis. About 4 months ago, I stopped into a Regis salon and got a great haircut.

The stylist was wonderful, she listened to everything I told her. So today I went in to discover that the hairdresser that I loved had moved away. I figured, the hairstyle I wear is very easy to explain and not really something that could go wrong.. Boy, was I wrong.

My hair is horrible. I have no idea what she heard but it was not what I told her. She just hacked into my hair. It is super short and I actually have two completely hair styles on the left and right side of my hair.

There is a difference of about 2 inches when you look at me straight on. I think she just decided to stop cutting my hair when I asked her what she was doing. I told her over and over that I wanted the front left alone and she kept cutting and cutting and then proceeded to use thinning shears on my already thin hair. This is horrible and I am devastated.

I can't wear it up because it's too short to pull back but when I leave it down, it's two inches longer on the left side. I AM PISSED!!!

Rockaway Beach, Missouri, United States #4586

First, if you're going to a salon later than 6 pm for any kind of chemical service you are going to be rushed. Any time you are telling a stylist what you want and you don't feel they are listening to want you want it's always best to tell them you changed your mind.

If they really like what they do and are about the customer service they will understand. Also every salon has a customer service number you can ask for. You'll get better results that way than you will bashing the stylist, salon and/or the company on a web site like this. All you're doing is taking money from the stylist that really know what they are doing.

As for the fried perm.

You need to be doing protein treatments before your hair can hold the moisture. Redken makes a great one called CAT it's in a blue bottle.

Queen Anne, Maryland, United States #2950

I went to sister company to get a perm.(what was I thinking) they fryed and I mean fryed my hair it is now short and kinky instead of long and wavy. It WAS very healthy thick and long, long enough where they felt they had to charge me double for the perm.it is now dry and frizzy and breaking off they did not check on the perm to see if it was time to remove just waited for bell (isnt every ones hair different henz different times for perms??) didn't even trim after, Nobody rolls a perm that well!

I have contacted 4 other profesionals! they all say to cut off and start all over :cry I am 50 (but don't look it)and my hair just doesn't grow as fast it used to.

thanks now I will have my grandmothers haircut. No amount of refund can fix this they have no bussness doing hair if these are the results they put out unhappy misserable people.

Lineville, Alabama, United States #1696

call them,tell them ur not happy they have to remburse u free