I went to Regis a few months ago, the coloring was really good, however I have a scalp condition called psoriasis, now I'm assuming that these stylists go to college right, so I was hoping that they would not try to tear this out, the stylist, scrubbed my scalp thus removing a lot of the skin. I'm still healing from it, I had to go to a dermatologist, and get a scalp healing shampoo.

But she didn't even know what she was doing.

The stylist and the one's around her, all look the same, over colored, over styled, and cheap. Avoid them at all costs, especially if you have a scalp condition.

Comments

#151948

The manager at regis hair salon in Midland Texas is filthy.When you walk into the salon her station is the first one that you see.There are dirty towels piled up on her station along with comb's and brushes and hair on the floor which she never sweep's up.I saw her drop her sissor's on the floor she picked them up and kept cutting that man's hair without ever cleaning them.NASTY!She has only been doing hair for about 6 months.Can you believe that REGIS HAIR SALON'S made her the manager.Whatever you do DO NOT WORK FOR REGI'S HAIR SALON'S!

#151947

#151946

Whatever you do,do not work for regis hair salon.They will treat you like ***!I worked there for 10 years and 6 months.When i decided to put in a 2 weeks notice,they told me to leave.I was a very loyal and devoted person. I was always there on time and i never called in.I worked many nights by myself.I will never step foot into a regis salon ever again.But my honey is a millionare and i really don't have to worry about anything.I just do hair to have something to do.Regis salon's bore me.

I am a hairdresser AND I have psoriasis ... AND I have my hair colored ... there is communication that needs to take place with a guest with special needs if you are TRULY a professional. Color CAN be performed on psoriasis as long as the guest hasnt scratched it open, and as long as you are not using anything higher than 20 vol, and the case is not severe. I would be DEVASTATED if I was turned away because of my scalp condition - I may even feel like I was discriminated against!! If the client is looking for a bleach out - I would say no ... but I WOULD offer an all over heavy foil highlight. If they wanted to go a lot lighter than their natural and I knew it would require something higher than 20 vol - I would recommend the same above mentioned service (all over heavy highlights) with a no ammonia demi-permanent color glaze matching their color request. There can be solutions - you just have to communicate with your guest and sometimes meet in the middle and find a compromise.

I fear that the REAL reason for the scrubbing was because the stylist didnt want to deal with the dry scalp issue - and I say this from experience. I cannot even count how may times a stylist has asked ME to deal with a client with psoriasis because I have it and I'm 'used to it' and it 'makes them sick'!!!! I have also seen so many stylists, that are truly uneducated about the disorder, scrub their clients head to try to remove all the excess skin so they dont have to comb it out of the clients hair - not realizing that its not JUST dry scalp but there are VERY tender patches beneath these skin plaques and once you have scrubbed all that protective skin off you have exposed it and irritated it.

As sad as it is - many stylists do this to avoid having contact with the skin and only cause more embarrassment, pain and suffering to the guest. While I dont fault the stylist she should have seriously had a conversation with her guest to have a better understanding of the condition or should be educating herself with the vast information available online about ALL skin condtions of the scalp as we ALL have to have contact with our clients skin.

Psoriasis is a very embarassing and sometimes emotionally painful condition and unless you know someone personally affected by it - you will never fully understand just HOW hard it is to live with. People assume it is from being dirty (and that is also why they scrub)- WRONG! It is caused by a disorder in the immune system - the body generates skin cells too quickly and they cannot be sloughed off fast enough so they create plaques of dead skin. To be treated the way I have seen people treated over this condition is saddening. NO ONE that has it wants it - trust me - we dont CHOOSE to have this condition so please do not make your guest feel any worse about something she cannot help, anymore than you can help the freckles on your skin or the size of your feet.

Educate AND communicate with your guests - it will earn ou a GUARANTEED, SATISFIED client for life - I promise you!!!!

to please - dont speak unless you Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #697606

I am also a stylist with psoriasis. I got it really bad on my hands and feet.

My scalp was also affected somewhat.

Just curious if you suffer from psoriasis on your hands as well and what have you done to help it? Please email me at angiemiller8060@yahoo.com Thank you.

i too am a hair stylist and i had a similar incident like this in school.however,i had the brains to deny the lady the highlights she wanted because her head was dry and had open sores.she was pretty pissed,and i wouldnt doubt that she went elsewhere to get them done.oh well

ok first off i believe the blame is on the hair stylist yes i am a hair stlyist and some people don't know how to take care of thier hair, so that is why its up to us "stylist" to give them the right direction,dont sit thier and call anyone dumb because if u were not a stylist u wouldnt know either.

wow you really should not be so dumb... haha who gets their hair colored when they have that.....haha and then let some one srub your head so *** hard you have scabs like its called speak..dont sit there and pretend nothings wrong big girl speak up

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #85703

Both are at fault, you for going to get a "CHEMICAL" work done on your scalp and HER"S for not telling you she would not do the color. Have Psoriasis. NO CHEMICALS !

Umm, okay, well looks like your both under educated about the condition. Sorry your scalp hurts, get a perscription shampoo and call it a day.

Oh yes, and also, don't get your hair colored unless you plan on dealing with the discomfort after words, yes stylists go to college, but they are beautitions, not magicions, and definately not doctors. If she " scrubbed" your scalp so hard, and it hurt you, why didn't you say anything? And....why didn't you notify her of your condition?

Your both at fault. :cry

WORD! if you know you have psoriasis you shouldnt be getting your hair colored any ways without consulting your doctor.

For starter with a skin condition like psoriasis you shouldnt be getting your hair colored to begin with as the developer is too harsh and can cause additional discomfort. Any good hair stylist should have denied you this service.