I went to Regis to get my hair cut, and get some heavy highlights. I had dark brown medium (borderline long) hair, and i wanted it cut in a bob style.

I brought the picture with me and my only request regarding the cut was to leave the front layers an inch or two longer than the girl in the picture. My stylist ignored this, and by the time i realized what she had done there was no fixing it. the color i had asked for my highlights turned out much darker than it was suppost to, i had requested a light blonde and got a darker strawberry blond. I am no stranger to salons, my mother was an owner of one herself and i grew up "helping" her.

The stylists were very unprofessional, except for one, but as you can well guess she wasn't the one working on my hair. My styist had one of her friends in the salon and was chating with her the entire time she was working on my hair and as a result my questions about what produsts i should use to style and combat the damage done to my hair went unanswered. Lucky for me i know a thing or two about hair products, and what i didn't know a call to my cousin (who is a stylist aswell, she just lives to far away for me to have her do my hair) fixed my questions.

My hair looks fine, the damage is in check, and even though i am not fond of the cut she gave me (there are other little oops that differ from the cut i asked for) my hair will grow back, but i will never set foot in a regis salon again. i was insulted by the neglect i suffered by my stylist, and the services i recieved were subpar.

Product or Service Mentioned: Regis Salons Hair Coloring.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 28, 2010.

Comments

#196304

If you had any previous color in your hair, within the last 8-12 months, that will affect how light the color goes. Bleaching it with strong developer would be your only alternative.

Could be she was trying to do it as gently as possible, to save your hair as much damage as possible. Many people are under a huge misconception that their hair can take several color applications, without showing much damage. But truth be told.... most people can only handle 1 app.

without showing much damage. (depending on how healthy and strong their hair is) This of course does not include root touch ups. I can't say much about the cut, because I didn't see it. Extensive research about hair, and chemicals is usually best, if you plan on more than touching the roots up, as they grow out.

Hair is fragile!!! KEEP THIS IN MIND!