1.3K views

i was in a salon in the northen part of ohio ,just vistin from another state and when i walked up to the salon i was turn off due to a young girl i seen in ther she had blue in her hair and she also had pericin in her face ,im sorry but when i seen that i walked away .i really dont think that look profecial at all ,i know where i come from the girls have never looked like that! what is the company tryin to bring in .regis salon smart styles in wal mart of ohio....

Comments

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1313790

Your lack English grammar is appalling. If you are going to bash a person with a professional license then you're an ignorant person.

I have empathy for you! You're what is wrong with this world.

It's the beauty industry. Color is art and were moving out of the dark ages... Get wid it sister

Whoah there, it sounds like the stylist was a little too 'trendy' for you, it's probably best that you walked away...wouldn't want you to look stylish, Grandma. BTW, your command of the english language is tenuous at best, in fact, your post is downright painful to read.

it's ok to look different and be who you are

Muskegon, Michigan, United States #870405

the color of her hair and her types of style shoud not be somehting you had an issue with!!!! Did she cut your hair how you wanted it Was she polite?

did she give you good service and treat you with respect. we all come in different styles and looks maybe the way you look would offend someone else be kind treat people right that is what matters!!!!

I think that if they would have colored it there hair that obvously they would have to know how to do it and i they have a piercing or piercings how would you know if it would have meant something special to them and would you want someone to walk away from you if you looked different in anyway

As a student, I can tell you that we are encouraged to stand out and express who we are. I am constantly praised every time I change my hair color (ALWAYS unnatural colors.) and get a new mohawk or other short style.

I was also encouraged to wear LEOPARD PRINT PANTS and if I want a tattoo or piercing, to go for it and get it done! Yes, a hair stylist needs to look put together. Looking put together means something different to every person.

If a hairstylist has a different hair style and can keep up with it and constantly make it look good, chances are, they can do your hair just as good, if not better. So before you judge a hairstylist based on appearance, learn something about the industry.

#381956

Get real lady! Creative expression is part of the hair industry.

P.S... Learn to spell.

So, this all being said, what would be the reaction if I, with my peircings and funky hair color, opted to refuse you service because I can see you have tattoos? Double standard from a half-wit :roll

You judge her appearence. I judge your spelling and grammar. Fair enough?

I agree if she does not look put together it makes it hard to trust her with your hair. You're lookign for someone that looks like they are put together and professional not like a wild person.

She could be the nicest girl in the world that I agree with but first impressions when it comes to a business are very important and she was not making a good first impression.

Everyone is intitled to their own opion but the comments that were posted in reference to the 1st make you as bad as what you are making her out to be. You're no better!

you have the worst grammar and spelling ever. :)

mdvonjon
Zakopane, Malopolskie, Poland #226041

It's the year 2010 people.. we are not back in the 20th century.

Im a stylist and I have 3 colors in my hair, and Im amazing at what I do. Do i care what people think about me..no. The funny thing is if you ever want to get your hair colored, who are you going to go running too? The chick with the purple hair.

Stop being shallow people. If you want a old fashioned hair stylist then go running to the 90 year old women, cause in this time of the year you won't find many hairstylists' without tattoos, piercings or even natural colored hair.

#209944

I have to say that each person is an individual in the beauty business. Artistic color happens to be one of our talents.

If we know how to get a purple we can absolutley get an attractive brown or blond. I had a client comment on people dressing to casual in my town, northern calif. I too was dressed down at that time, flip flops and jeans... I decided to dress up , heels, slacks, dresses, for a week..

Not one person complimented that I took an extra hour out of my morning to "look the part" not even the "conservative complainer" Regis has a pretty strick dress code I used to work for them.

I hear nothing wrong with the hairdressers appearance, being a salon manager for 8 years I say We try so hard to please everyone,thats impossible. to the hairdresser "keep up your hip style and good attitude" thats going to make your clients happy and most of all, you too!!!!!

#208452

learn to spell before you start judging other people. You sound like an ***

#205996

I am the Stylist you are talking about. Yes i did have blue hair an now it is PURPLE, i do have have a pericing in my lip.

Just because I have those things does not make me a bad hairstylist at all its called SELF EXPRETION!!!! I see every day people who are brave enough to come talk to me and tell me how wonderful they think it is. The color of my hair and my percing choice has nothing to do with my skills as a hair stylist. It upsets me (in a better word) that you would turn away a service just because you saw someone being diffrent form everyone else.

I have many clients that come back to me because they have found out what i can do and they like it. They did not Judge me because of anything that they saw. I am very Sad that you would have turned down our salon that is number 1 in our area and has been for a while now.

I would hope that the next time you are in the area maybe you would like to come in a see just for your self. Please dont judge people just because of what you see in the first glance.

always the BLUE/PURPLE haired stylist 8)

bee2010
#204333

I work at a smart style in northern ohio and one of my co workers has a lip peircing and blue and blonde hair...so im thinking this may be about my salon.

she is a very good hairdresser and very professional...i also have a nose and lip piercing and pink and red in my hair...and i find myself looking professional...being a hairdresser gives us the freedom to express ourselves...just because we do fun things with our hair doesnt mean you have to like it...we can still hair!

#196267

We are artists! Therefore we shine and stand out to others when we are different.

We also are often asked if we are hair stylists because our hair is a different color. Appreciate who we are and how colors play together like you are looking at a piece of art!

Thanks

#194306

i work for regis as a manager, we have a dress code and its black and white and has to fit in with the latest fashion trends, as you can see all around us people have piercings and tattoos i myself have tattoos and my clients love them, if the stylist was very fashion aware she would be wearing blue in her hair as this makes clients feel more aware of colour and brave to wear colour more boldly. we live in a world of freedom and non judgement im ashamed to say you obviously believe in neither and i hopeyou have no teenage children around you as they will never experience life

LOL Wow. I guess it is as easy for me to judge the poster for their obvious lack of education beyong grade 5 as it would be for her to walk in to my salon and judge me for the purple highlights I have.

I am a talented artistic expressive hairdresser who can do roller sets on grandma and mohawks on punks in the same day. I am always thrilled to hear from older people how cool they think it is that I have pink and purple in my hair, how they wish they could pull it off and how surprisingly professional it looks.

I have had unnatural colors in my hair since the day I graduated for beauty school and it has never cost me a job or a client. Peple's intolerance never stops astounding me.